[Talk-GB] 'historic' county boundaries added to the database

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 7 19:48:59 UTC 2018

Hi

User smb1001 is currently adding county boundary relations with
boundary=historic through out the UK:
http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/ASf (May take a while to run)

Changeset discussion:

 From the historic wiki page
"historic objects should not be mapped as it is outside of scope of OSM"

Frankly I don't buy his comments. The problem is where to stop? Do we
have ever iteration of every boundary change since time immemorial? Then
what about buildings, roads, or coastline changes etc? The database
would become unmanageable for editors (it already is if zoomed out too
far).

I think these edits should be revoked.

Cheers
DaveF