[Talk-GB] When is a hedge a wood?

Tim Waters chippy2005 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 22:24:39 UTC 2018

At first look I thought this was a once-hedge, a hedge that's been left to
itself. But each tree is equally spaced, looks the same age, doesn't seem
pollarded or coppiced as what you might expect a tree in a hedge to be, and
so I don't think that's the case now.  So to my mind now, it's a fence,
with individual mappable trees.

A hedge implies a barrier of kinds.