[Talk-GB] UK Quarterly Project: Post Offices

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Thu May 3 10:14:34 UTC 2018

I would avoid using amenity=post_office for anything other than a proper post office.

The term post office is much more than a place to send parcels or letters.

In the UK a post office offers
Banking services
I can tax my car
I can apply for a passport
I can collect my pension
Exchange currency
Probably lots of other things that I've not thought of.

Whilst post depot is useful for collecting things that an individual has ordered, sending stuff by courier is a business service. DHL will not be interested in sending my Christmas cards and certainly not for the price Royal mail charges.

Phil (trigpoint)