[Talk-GB] New Bridge Gunnislake

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 4 10:30:18 UTC 2019

On Wed, Apr 03, 2019 at 02:59:12PM -0400, Devonshire wrote:
> Saw this on the local news last night. A 30+ mile diversion is going to cause a few problems over Easter if they can't get it sorted. I am not that close but have mapped this area a bit in the past.

Personally. I like the Horsebridge crossing, but we don't want to
encourage too many people who aren't used to small lanes to go that way.

> No real view either way on adding the restriction to OSM. Good for users who keep their data up-to-date but potentially not so good for people who update infrequently.

Of course, that was one of my concerns. We really need some sort of
lifetime tagging with an end-date. I have asked another mapper who
maps in this area, but like me isn't very local, to keep on eye on
the restriction in case I forget or whatever. Please also keep a watch
and remove the access tag as soon as the bridge re-opens if you get
there first.

ael