[Talk-GB] How would tag or name this wall crossing?

Peter Neale nealepb at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 27 17:30:36 UTC 2019

Sorry, but, to me at least, a "chicane" involves a (double) bend.
See: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/chicane
" NOUN1.  A sharp double bend created to form an obstacle on a motor-racing track or a road."
and these seem to involve a narrow "sqeeze", not a double bend.
    On Saturday, 27 April 2019, 18:12:54 BST, Martin Wynne <martin at templot.com> wrote:  
 barrier=stile seems unhelpful to me if rendered as a normal stile 
symbol, for walkers needing to know if they will have to climb any.

barrier=chicane would perhaps be more descriptive?


Talk-GB mailing list
Talk-GB at openstreetmap.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-gb/attachments/20190427/f541bb19/attachment.html>

More information about the Talk-GB mailing list