[Talk-GB] How would tag or name this wall crossing?

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 17:43:59 UTC 2019

On 27/04/2019 18:10, Martin Wynne wrote:
> barrier=stile seems unhelpful to me if rendered as a normal stile
> symbol, for walkers needing to know if they will have to climb any.

I'd use a "step_count" tag for how many steps there are ("steps" has
also been used, often by me, but is probably less appropriate).  See:

https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org.uk/keys/stile#combinations

I'd be more than happy to add a different sorts of stile icons to
map.atownsend.org.uk .  It'd just need 3 new icons for each new style of
stile at
https://github.com/SomeoneElseOSM/openstreetmap-carto-AJT/tree/master/symbols
and some way of telling them apart at
https://github.com/SomeoneElseOSM/SomeoneElse-style/blob/master/style.lua#L3070
.  All contributions gratefully received!

Best Regards,

Andy