[Talk-GB] How would tag or name this wall crossing?

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 17:43:59 UTC 2019

On 27/04/2019 18:10, Martin Wynne wrote:
> barrier=stile seems unhelpful to me if rendered as a normal stile 
> symbol, for walkers needing to know if they will have to climb any.
I'd use a "step_count" tag for how many steps there are ("steps" has 
also been used, often by me, but is probably less appropriate).  See:


I'd be more than happy to add a different sorts of stile icons to 
map.atownsend.org.uk .  It'd just need 3 new icons for each new style of 
stile at 
and some way of telling them apart at 
.  All contributions gratefully received!

Best Regards,


More information about the Talk-GB mailing list