[Talk-GB] Mapping at Moira, NW Leicestershire.

Gregory Marler info at nomoregrapes.com
Wed Aug 7 23:08:11 UTC 2019

Not being completely shameless, it seems appropriate to plug the "Mapper
Diaries" I've been doing...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOzESllbuA8MvERQYiO0KuA/videos
Many of the videos are me talking as if someone has tagged along to my
mapping. I'm slowly getting used to doing that in public, but you also get
to see me editing when back home. Possibly helpful for people that don't
find a local mapping community.

Both the West Midlands group and Nottingham pub meets move around. They may
be open to doing a meetup closer if you get in touch with them.

All the best,
Gregory.

On Sun, 28 Jul 2019 at 12:12, Gareth L <o.i at live.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Graham,
>
> There’s a couple local Osm mapping groups which also do meet ups. They are
> http://www.mappa-mercia.org/ (slightly West Midlands focussed but you’re
> not far!) and also a meet-up in derby/Nottingham that is more East Midlands
> focussed. https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nottingham/Pub_Meetup
>
> Anything you’re unsure of how to do you can  leave map notes on the map
> with details and/or contribute data through street level imagery services
> like mapillary.
>
> Also,  I use https://tyrasd.github.io/latest-changes/#13/52.7481/-1.5156 to
> see who has been contributing near me, and what. It can give me ideas on
> what to do next.
>
> Welcome
> Gareth
>
> On 27 Jul 2019, at 08:16, Graham Bowers <grahambbowers at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is anybody local mapping here that I could tag along with to learn the
> ropes please?
> My activity thus far has been editing the cycling infrastructure to allow
> routing websites to route correctly.
> There is construction activity in the area that does need mapping and does
> have cycling infrastructure impact but it's more than I's wish to tackle
> without knowing quite a bit more than I do now.
> Thanks
> Graham

Gregory Marler
No More Grapes