[Talk-GB] Disused or empty apartments prior to demolition

Gareth L o.i at live.co.uk
Tue Dec 17 14:50:37 UTC 2019

There are some tower blocks near me which have been emptied of residents ahead of eventual demolition of the buildings. They’re not coming back into use due to issues with their construction.
http://www.mapillary.com/map/im/lzDlWfY8iYo2cUVmO1FNmQ/photo They’re boarded up to secure them in the interim.

All the guidance I can find on the abandoned or disused tags are to leave the building as defined but to use abandoned/disused prefix on the amenity.

These didn’t have an amenity though. They do still exist on the ground, but no longer function as apartments.

I’d like to use construction style tagging, but it doesn’t feel quite right looking at all examples I’ve found. e.g.
Building=disused
Disused=apartments

What have you used for buildings which are awaiting demolition, or are undergoing a protracted demolition process but are not amenities?

Gareth