[Talk-GB] Disused or empty apartments

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 02:09:14 UTC 2019

On 19/12/19 13:01, Dave F via Talk-GB wrote:
> On 19/12/2019 01:41, Andy Townsend wrote:
>> Aside from this particular question, that's actually a problem that
>> happens all the time with things like "amenity=pub; tourism=hotel" -

I'd rather the mapper make a clear choice as they know what is there,
the render makes a 'best guess'.

> Not really. pub & hotel are synonymous but building=yes (which
> indicates it's operational) is antonymous to disused:building

Some pubs are not hotels - no accommodation.

I have taken to mapping the building as a close way with building=* and
then adding separate nodes for pub and another for the hotel if it has
that.
Note I am not consistent in this (but I should be)!