[Talk-GB] Disused or empty apartments prior to demolition

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Thu Dec 19 09:45:19 UTC 2019

17 Dec 2019, 17:58 by silentspike100 at gmail.com:

> The `building` tag actually specifies the original purpose or form of the building - it just happens that this usually aligns with the current use. As such, I think it's fine to leave them tagged as `building=apartments`.

I would do exactly this way and add
disused=yes.

IMHO mapping closed convenience shop where just
sign/visible interior remain as
shop=convenience + disused=yes
is a mistake as it is no longer a shop.
disused:shop=convenience would make more sense
But for example landuse=quarry that is no
longer used but is still
a clearly visible object is still a quarry
so in this case landuse=quarry + disused=yes is preferable

Buildings seems to fit the second case,
building tag describes building construction,
not building use.

Building constructed as a church,
now used as a warehouse but still
clearly constructed as a church is building=church

Church building that is now unused
is building=church

Apartments building that is now unused
is building=church.