[Talk-GB] Importing NaPTAN Data

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 4 17:49:10 UTC 2019

On 04/07/2019 16:59, Silent Spike wrote:

> My understanding is that `public_transport=platform` is any place where
> public transport can be accessed

Same as bus_stop/tram_stop, you mean?

> and should not literally be interpreted as
> a physical platform

then why hi-jack the word 'platform' which has a clear, specific
meaning? Yet more confusion

> If anything `highway=bus_stop` is redundant data,

It's is a well established, popular tag far exceeding any PT tags

> however it's necessary
> for render compatibility (violating the "don't tag for the renderer rule"

I think your logic got a bit twisted around. bus_stop is the original &
no PT tag adds anything extra to improve the database.

> and (in my opinion) should not impede mapping progress.

Existing tags work, Changing for the sake of change is irrelevant. PTv2
needs to be rescinded.

DaveF