[Talk-GB] Importing NaPTAN Data [Thread 2]

Silent Spike silentspike100 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 14:25:57 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 8:04 AM Silent Spike <silentspike100 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Using the following established tags:

After all discussion so far I would update the list of tags to import as
follows:

   - `highway=bus_stop`
   - `public_transport=platform`
   - `bus=yes`
   - `name` [Imported - defer to existing tagging during conflation]
   - `naptan:AtcoCode` [Imported]
   - `naptan:NaptanCode` [Imported]
   - `naptan:CommonName` [Imported - should match `name` but may differ, is
   what the indicator is relative to]
   - `naptan:Indicator` [Imported - useful to distinguish stops and
   sometimes can be `loc_ref` data]
   - `naptan:verified=no` [Gets deleted upon verification according to the
   wiki]

I've checked and none of the stops here have Gaelic names (`name:gd`) -
though my script now supports them for import anyway. I also feel like
`source=naptan` is unnecessary since `naptan:verified` is basically the
same thing and the changeset(s) can have a source tag.

I'm trying to keep the amount of data somewhat minimal in line with the
following quote from the imports guidelines wiki page: