[Talk-GB] Importing NaPTAN Data [Thread 2]

Silent Spike silentspike100 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 09:53:07 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 10:17 AM Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com>
wrote:

> I reformatted
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:naptan:AtcoCode
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:naptan:NaptanCode
> (added templates making them machine readable, descriptions will appear
> for example at Taginfo)

Thank you, documentation of the tags imported previously has definitely
been lacking

> Is it useful to use both? What is the difference between them?
> Is NaptanCode actually used as planned ("referring to the stop in public
> facing systems")?

Of this I'm personally unsure, however there's not much harm in it and it
seems standard enough practise

> It may help to include example (of full) .osm data file to make easy for
> mappers
> to judge data quality in their area.

Here is a single file with all stops which I would be importing for the
Aberdeen area (
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_QWn02Gi0YG8GCza0CeNQXtIKM_J82Y0), if
split into subdivisions there are 63 areas in total within this.