[Talk-GB] UK coastline data

Tony Shield tony.shield999 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 22:13:44 UTC 2019

Hi

That page contains

"The Mean low water spring
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mean_low_water_spring> is the position of
the lowest tide. There is currently no agreed way of tagging this line
in OSM. One way of tagging it is to tag the area between the mean low
water spring and OSM coastline as natural
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:natural>=wetland
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:natural%3Dwetland>+wetland
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:wetland>=tidalflat
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:wetland%3Dtidalflat>."

Methinks that MLW or MLWS should be defined in the way that
Coastline/MHW is.