[Talk-GB] Mapping at Moira, NW Leicestershire.

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sat Jul 27 10:43:21 UTC 2019

On 27/07/2019 08:15, Graham Bowers wrote:
> Is anybody local mapping here that I could tag along with to learn the
> ropes please?

Everyone has different interests.  Just because they are local doesn't
mean that someone is going to be interested in cycle infrastructure.

> My activity thus far has been editing the cycling infrastructure to
> allow routing websites to route correctly.
> There is construction activity in the area that does need mapping and
> does have cycling infrastructure impact but it's more than I's wish to
> tackle without knowing quite a bit more than I do now.

The main things to remember is not to make subjective judgements are
about suitability - record the details that an ideal router would use to
make its own judgements - and don't use guidebooks, etc., as as source
of information - named routes may have database rights associated with them.

Don't expect to be able to get routers to take the decisions you would
make.  If you go too far that way, you will end up tagging for the
renderer (routers are considered renderers), which is not allowed.