[Talk-GB] Amazon Logistics edits

Gareth L o.i at live.co.uk
Mon Jul 29 09:28:29 UTC 2019

Hello,

Amazon are indeed adding service roads at quite a pace, although with gps from their drivers and aerial imagery to support.
As noted here https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-gb/2019-July/023252.html they are responding and soliciting to community feedback on their tagging, which I consider quite responsible.

Driveways are a refinement of highway=service, so tagging it as highway service strikes me as a decent start to incrementing the detail of the map. So far I’ve only seen them add missing ways rather than alter existing ones, or revert some tagging they did on the ways they created following community feedback.

I agree with you, Andy, that their user profile boilerplate messages could be more helpful. An email address isn’t the most transparent way of seeing what concerns are being raised.

Gareth