[Talk-GB] Import UK postcode data?

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Wed Oct 2 12:57:54 UTC 2019

Whilst I'm not sure of the precise conclusions, this has been considered
many many times before.  I think it may even have been done in some
places.  I'd suggest a search of the list archives.

Note that this data is not suitable for reverse geo-coding, because I
don't believe it distinguishes between single business and area codes.

(Better would be to convince the general public that a proprietary
locator system is not the best way of providing a short code for an
approximate location.)