[Talk-GB] Import UK postcode data?

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Wed Oct 2 13:07:12 UTC 2019

On 02/10/2019 13:57, David Woolley wrote:
> Whilst I'm not sure of the precise conclusions, this has been considered
> many many times before.  I think it may even have been done in some
> places.  I'd suggest a search of the list archives.

Also, the discussing tab on the wiki page you referenced contains
discussion on this going back over 9 years, and expresses concern about
the licensing.

As a minor point, although described as centroids, they are not actually
centroids, but actually the nearest valid delivery point to the centroid.

My feeling is that, if considered acceptable, it would already have
happened.