[Talk-GB] Import UK postcode data?

Edward Bainton bainton.ete at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 10:51:37 UTC 2019

My usual disclaimer that I have no great OSM expertise. Hopefully I can
give a newbie's/recently-a-non-editor's perspective.

This:

> How about not needing to start Google Maps
> when searching for a location on the go?

would be reason enough to bring in postcodes in this way.

Even if they're not strictly 'on-the-ground', every rule needs exceptions
and the payoff from this exception would be _enormous_.

(And is anyway consistent with loc_name which is allowed even where the
name is nowhere written on signs on-the-ground?)