[Talk-GB] Solar power mapping: 100k up

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 19:29:17 UTC 2019

It looks as though we have just passed the 100k solar installation mark as
calculated by Gregory's site
<http://osm.gregorywilliams.me.uk/solar/index.html>. We had 98,307 this
morning and around 1700 have been added since this time yesterday (roughly
the cut-off time for the stats).

We have 4 LAs with over 80% of the FIT target mapped: Knowsley, Nottingham,
Plymouth & Sunderland. Amazingly Plymouth is over 95% of the target. There
are 2 others over 75%: Tameside and Ashfield, and around 16-17 with over
half mapped. I hope one of these is the former district of Caradon in SE
Cornwall as I've been mapping this area following Dan;s suggestion when I
last reported this status.

There are still a lot of solar farms to chase down. It would be nice to get
more of them located (or in some cases just updating tagging). This is an
area where we can get close to completeness (pace Brian's remarks earlier).

Jerry