[Talk-GB] Subject: Re: Thomas Cook shops

Edward Bainton bainton.ete at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 12:03:00 UTC 2019

Legal situation of leases, fixtures and fittings as far as I'm aware:
- Lease continues and rent continues to be payable.
- Liquidator can disclaim the lease, bringing all obligations to an end OR
- Once in arrears/other breach of covenant (such as keeping open for
trade), landlord can deem the lease forfeit: property returns to them
- Once owed 7 days' rent (which could be many months hence if paid
quarterly in advance), landlord has right to impound and liquidate fixtures
and fittings to offset their losses, after some procedural safeguards.

But as SK53 says, eyeballs must be best.

Not a lawyer, just a geek who read this up as a charity trustee.
Corrections gladly received.