[Talk-GB] Geospatial Commission to release UPRN/ UPSN identifiers under Open Government Licence

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Thu Apr 9 14:13:31 UTC 2020

It would seem to be "rather" unlikely that such reference ids would be
named UPRN and UPSN outside of the UK to start with, so a more generic
building_ref, street_ref or similar would be likely more sensible (if
there is any value at all in mapping these). And yes similar concepts
exist outside of the UK too, however I do not know any case of them
finding wide spread use in lieu of addresses any where.

Simon