[Talk-GB] High quality NLS imagery of buildings and HOUSENUMBERS (!) available in London (and Scotland). Create a tasking manger to add this?

Russ Garrett russ at garrett.co.uk
Tue Dec 1 10:57:48 UTC 2020

On Tue, 1 Dec 2020 at 10:53, Robert Whittaker (OSM lists)
<robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking at https://maps.nls.uk/copyright.html#exceptions am I right in
> thinking that the non-commercial contract restriction also applies to
> some other NLS layers (e.g. OS 1:25k and 7th series scans) which have
> been available (and being used) in popular OSM editors for some time
> now? Do we have some specific permission to use those layers, and if
> so does that permission apply to the new house number layer as well?

The wiki appears to imply that specific permission has been granted in
some cases, although the wording is a bit vague and could probably do
with being clarified:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/National_Library_of_Scotland

--
Russ Garrett