[Talk-GB] British Waterways

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Dec 7 16:36:18 UTC 2020

Dec 7, 2020, 16:00 by andrew at black1.org.uk:

> On 07/12/2020 10:33, Richard Fairhurst      wrote:
>

>> TBH there's              only 170 operator=British Waterways tags according to              taginfo, so it could be polished off pretty quickly with              an Overpass query and a manual edit.
>>

> Agreed.
>

> But (correct me if I am wrong) that is still an automated edit

Depends on whatever you just replace everything or check individual objects.

Meaning of "check" is important here. Is it necessary to just check tagging
(handling other operator tags, for example wikipedia:operator, wikidata:operator)?

Should you check surrounding OSM data? Aerial imagery? Research situation?