[Talk-GB] Tagging of shared use paths

Ken Kilfedder spiregrain_osm at ksglp.org.uk
Thu Dec 10 12:41:20 UTC 2020

As a break from 'tagging for the renderer', I'd like to see rendering for the tags.  It would save a lot of heartarche if the map on osm.org showed shared-use paths explicitly.   Perhaps as follows:-
 * highway=cycleway with nothing to say that foot is allowed - blue dashes as at present.
 * highway=footway with nothing to say bicyles are allowed - red dashes as at present.
 * highway=cycleway with foot expressly allowed - blue/red dashed line (maybe blue long dash interspersed with red short dash)
 * highway=footway with bikes expressly allowed - blue/red dashed line (maybe red long dash interspersed with blue short dash)
 * With segregated=yes - possibly, at higher zoom levels, show blue dashes in parallel with red - the right way round if possible.
I think that would solve the issue here, and prevent a lot of anonymous notes.

Anyone know off hand where/how to propose this?  Or even willing to help on coding up a demo?

---
https://hdyc.neis-one.org/?spiregrain
spiregrain_osm at ksglp.org.uk