[Talk-GB] Solar tagging app

Gregory Williams gregory at gregorywilliams.me.uk
Sun Dec 27 22:38:14 UTC 2020

On Sun, 2020-11-08 at 15:17 +0000, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> On 19/10/2020 20:14, Gregory Williams wrote:
> > I've now got round to updating the code on my solar comparison site
> Suggestion for further improvement:  When a building is identifiable
> associated with a set of generators, only count one for comparison
> against the FIT data.  Then (say) a house with panels on two
> different
> roof-faces will not over-count for the geographical region.
>
> (I just found an LSOA with 4 of 13 mapped.  But 2 were on one home.
> A terrace too, so now I must split it, so the 1 on another home in
> the block is really distinct)

I've finally managed to find the time to update my comparison tool [1]
to take this into account. Columns now show for both "Generator count"
and "Filtered generator count". The latter only counts a generator once
if there are multiple on the same building. That's the one that now
gets used in Completeness calculation.

As a result the overall completeness has gone down from 35.76% to
32.00% for today's refreshed update.

So, now, excessively high levels of completeness may be down to modules
having been mapped on different orientations of the same building, but
the underlying building not mapped itself.

Now, low levels of completion may be because the building mapping isn't
complete. For example modules mapped on several different addresses in
a terrace, but the terrace building not split up into those separate
building ways.

I hope all are enjoying the Christmas break,

Gregory

[1] https://osm.gregorywilliams.me.uk/solar/