[Talk-GB] Google maps added addresses!

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 17:54:15 UTC 2020

On 28/12/2020 16:34, Jez Nicholson wrote:
> Interesting....
>
> My first guess is that house numbers are machine read from StreetView
> images.

Where I am, of 18 houses, 3 houses are missing altogether (missing as
houses, not just numbers), 4 of the remaining 15 have the correct number
within the box, and 2 have the wrong number from somewhere else used
instead.  A further 3 numbers are scattered around the road.  One of
those scattered numbers does match the sign at the end of a driveway
saying "numbers X and Y are down here", so StreetView might definitely
be implicated there.  Maybe the remaining errors are down to "bored
captcha fillers-in having a laugh"? :)

Best Regards,

Andy