[Talk-GB] OSMUK walkers map - GitHub repo and demo now available

Nick Whitelegg nick.whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Wed Dec 30 10:13:57 UTC 2020

Sorry to keep spamming the list, but just a quick further update:

Firstly I have now, following one or two discussions, settled on node.js for the server side technology.

Secondly there is now another version of the demo demo available on my own server, at the URL https://www.free-map.org.uk/. (The intention is to replace my old Freemap site with the new walkers' map, so I figured I'd point free-map.org.uk at it).

This differs from the version on the OSMUK server at http://35.177.54.109/ in that it covers the whole of England and Wales, but buildings are not shown - this is because I do not have space on the server at the moment to store them.

At some point, at Adam's suggestion, I will probably setup a poll on Loomio to gather ideas for features.

Nick