[Talk-GB] Map with AI comes to the UK

Rob Nickerson rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 22:08:40 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I just spotted that Facebook have pushed an update to their map with AI
project:

"For our final release of 2019, we have released 84 new countries for our
AI road data with new coverage in the remainder of Europe, Asia, and
Oceania! AI roads are now available nearly globally."
Source:
https://github.com/facebookmicrosites/Open-Mapping-At-Facebook/blob/master/WHATSNEW.md

For those who don't know what MapWithAI is check out https://mapwith.ai

And to try it out in their RapID version of the iD editor:
https://mapwith.ai/rapid#background=Bing&disable_features=boundaries&map=18.60/53.40625/-2.13801

Just roads at the moment and not that easy to find a suggestion that is
worth adding (at least near me where roads are well mapped) but this does
demonstrate what is possible. Let us know if you have a good or bad
experience with this.

Would be great to see this extended to buildings but we may have to wait
for Microsoft for that.

P.S. A happy new year to all!

Thank you,
*Rob*