[Talk-GB] Map with AI comes to the UK

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 14:07:39 UTC 2020

Perhaps more useful is that one can download the UK data as a geopackage
from
https://github.com/facebookmicrosites/Open-Mapping-At-Facebook/wiki/Available-Countries.
It's 147Mb zipped in a tar which unpacked is around 400Mb.

I've had a very quick look and notice quite a few concentrations of
features which are obviously tractor lines in farmland. See this area
around Colston Bassett
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Colston_basset_fb_rapid.png.
Apparently such false positives can be marked as such in the editor which
ought to improve detections next time round. My suspicion is that things
which are actually roads are mainly driveways to outlying houses & farms or
farm tracks. Using OS OpenRoads is more likely to help find significant
missing adopted roads.

Jerry

I can potentially provide extracts for individual LAs if people want them,
send me an email. I personally found it easier to look at the data as a
whole rather than scanning around in the editor.