[Talk-GB] Motorway junctions where the slow lane seperates from the through lanes

Ed Loach edloach at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 13:45:34 UTC 2020

See also

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lanes

which has some quite good notes on how to map lanes. I suspect this is how OsmAnd knows to give me lane guidance (can’t think how else it could know).

I suspect based on that you’d want to begin your new way for the drop lane where the lane splits away from the main carriageway, with an earlier split for lanes=3, turn:lanes=slight_left|through|through with lanes=1 on the new way and lanes=2 on the main way after the split.

Ed