[Talk-GB] UPRN Locations Map

Peter Neale nealepb at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 2 17:38:31 UTC 2020

Hi Robert,
Many thanks for producing that map.
I was able to look at my street and see a blue pin in each of the building outlines that I had mapped from aerial imagery, so that gave me a warm, smug feeling :)
I too noticed some not-yet-there properties in a nearby development that had UPRNs assigned - Not a problem really (IMHO).  There is also one allocated to a pond near me; I didn't know that was "addressable"!

However, I am still not clear how best to use the data available, if you can't use it to look up the address of the property.  Similarly, I am not sure how a data consumer could use the data, if we laboriously edited every property in OSM to include a "ref:GB:UPRN=" tag (or similar; other tags are available.....).
Sorry not to be able to contribute something more useful... :(
Regards,Peter