[Talk-GB] UPRN Locations Map

Nick nick at foresters.org
Fri Jul 3 10:45:24 UTC 2020

Hi Tony

Thanks for that - my thinking have been that when I run my query on a
single UPRN, I am retrieving the contents of the page as text on my
personal computer and then processing the data for non-commercial use.
If I then use that data to create or verify the address on a property
plotted on OSM is that the issue? To be honest, my personal interest is
a) getting address data on maps so that it will save lives (I speak from
personal experience) and b) to check and correct errors in the public
gazetteer (e.g. OneScotlandGazetteer but also Royal Mail).

It will be interesting if in the future, if calling for emergency
services people will be asked to give their UPRN.

I actually think that at the root of the problem is the "philosophy of
what is an address" so that I know how I can add address data to OSM - I
am happy to acknowledge the source on OSM.

Cheers

Nick