[Talk-GB] USRN data in JOSM as a background layer

Kai Michael Poppe - OSM osm at poppe.dev
Sun Jul 5 08:03:02 UTC 2020

Good morning list!

Whilst investigating another matter I found, that you could host your
own WMS (Web Map Service) Server with the cross-platform software
GeoServer and then add this to your JOSM as a background layer.

Now the USRN Geopackage from OS only contains the ref:GB:usrn (is this
offical now?) and not a name but that way you could see where streets
are and what their ID is and check this against the current map.

I haven't had the time to write a tutorial yet, but will do so later
today and then put it out to download for you all.

Additionally, I'll try to setup a server in my small farm to host this
for everyone. If I could manage this, I'll write to the list again.

Kai