[Talk-GB] Bus Routes on OSM

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Mon Jul 6 13:43:55 UTC 2020

On 06/07/2020 14:02, Matthew Scanlon wrote:
> How are Bus Routes added into OSM? I have noticed that bus routes in
> Basildon (my local area) are a few years out of date with some service
> such as the 5 and 8Ahaving beenĀ  withdrawn and the route 2 being
> renumbered 28

My understanding is that TfL doesn't licence the information on a basis
that would allow it to be directly used, so OSM rely on members of the
public using the buses, or tracing the routes between bus stops.

How up to date the information is depends on how enthusiastic people are
in an area, and there tends to be a preference for mapping things for
the first time over maintaining existing mapping.