[Talk-GB] Bus Routes on OSM

Ed Loach edloach at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 16:04:34 UTC 2020

I use the opendata to compare with OSM to identify any changes to routes that include any bus stops within the Tendring, Colchester and Maldon districts of Essex, then manually update. I usually do this weekly. The app I use to compare the data is in github, but I've got a feeling "Add Area" is buggy, and is definitely untested since I made a recent change to folder structures so it only downloaded the TDNS zips if they were newer than the local copy. I'll see if I can get to that tonight (as in test adding Basildon as an area), though might not get to it as I'm also ploughing through Tendring district pub social media pages for Tendring CAMRA to see what has reopened, or has a planned date to reopen, or has said they don't have a date, or haven't posted since March, and sorting my town and pun I'm only up to Frinton...

I do document the routemaster relations and when they were last checked on an OSM wiki page.

Ed