[Talk-GB] The curious case of USRN 20602512

Mark Goodge mark at good-stuff.co.uk
Fri Jul 10 15:32:40 UTC 2020

On 10/07/2020 16:00, Kai Michael Poppe - OSM wrote:

> After not having any luck in finding out of copyright maps that helped I
> wondered, if a FOI request to Ealing Council, naming the exact location
> and asking for the name would be fruitful. Did anyone ever try something
> like this? Would this then be seen as a source compliant to the ODbL?

I suspect that an FOI request would return the name that's in the NSG.
That is, Fairfield Road. It's unlikely that the FOI officer will do
anything other than look up the street on the computer, and take the
answer they are given.

I'm not sure whether that's acceptable for ODbL or not. There's a lot of
data that can be released under FOI that can't be reused because it
contains proprietary information. This may come under that category.

Mark