[Talk-GB] Q3 2020 Quarterly project Cycle Infrastructure

Adam Snape adam.c.snape at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 20:30:00 UTC 2020

I'm not saying it's terrible but as you note it's not exactly an optimum
example of good mapping.

Just as with roads, I tend to view cycleway surface tags as distinctly
optional/low priority where they confirm to the default of being asphalt
and of great importance where they deviate from that default.

The above are just personal niggles, but we really do need to beclear at
this point if we're actually advocating the hitherto undocumented  usage of
segregated=yes to mean 'cycleway is separate from main carriageway' because
I suspect I'm not the only one whose been using it as per the wiki to show
where bicycles and pedestrians have their own designated lanes within a
shared use cycleway. We can't use both.

Kind regards,

Adam