[Talk-GB] Electric vehicle charging points

Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 12:51:53 UTC 2020

On Tue, 21 Jul 2020 at 23:12, Nick <nick at foresters.org> wrote:
> Could the data be included in https://osm.mathmos.net/survey/ ?

I had a quick look at the National Charge Point Registry data a while
ago. I got as far as plotting a map showing both the OSM charge points
and those from the Registry:
https://osm.mathmos.net/chargepoint/progress/ . Unfortunately, the
Registry data seemed rather incomplete, and not always accurate. It
also wasn't clear exactly how to do matching between the two datasets.
I then got distracted by other things.

Due to the incompleteness of the Registry, there'd be no way to flag
OSM charge point objects that shouldn't be there. But if I could sort
out some way of matching between the two datasets, I would then be
able to add the charge points in the Registry that are "missing" in
OSM to https://osm.mathmos.net/survey/ .

--
Robert Whittaker