[Talk-GB] Surveying rural buildings

Nick Whitelegg nick.whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Fri Jul 24 13:53:13 UTC 2020

Re a "UK walking style" there is Freemap, my own (long-standing) project, which has gone through a number of ups and downs (mostly due to hosting difficulties and lack of time to work on it) but has had a number of style improvements this year due to having more time than expected to work on it. It's at https://www.free-map.org.uk.

It aims to distinguish between the different types of walking routes, in particular public rights of way and permissive paths.

It doesn't use the standard Mapnik approach, but kothic.js, which is a client-side rendering library which takes GeoJSON data and MapCSS compiled into JavaScript.

Nick