[Talk-GB] Using OSM as a base for my own fictional map?

Martin Wynne martin at templot.com
Fri Jul 24 23:51:26 UTC 2020

On 25/07/2020 00:36, David Woolley wrote:

> Also, generating a PDF server side is a relatively expensive, so don't
> expect to welcomed if you start doing this on the fly.

Hi David,

Can you clarify what you mean by "on the fly"?

I anticipate clicking the PDF download button, and then working locally
on the downloaded file. Maybe doing a dozen or so in an evening, once or
twice a week.

The modified images would then be distributed to others via my own
server. Which would have no effect on the OSM server.

cheers,

Martin.