[Talk-GB] Using OSM as a base for my own fictional map?

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Fri Jul 24 23:36:21 UTC 2020

On 24/07/2020 23:54, Martin Wynne wrote:

> The downloaded PDF files are vector files which can be zoomed to any
> level without pixelating, and can have the internal records modified as
> required.

The only vector files where you can reliably detect things like railways
are those produced by the OSM APIs.  The PDFs will change as ideas on
how to render the map change.  On the other hand, they contain no
rendering, just wire frames.

Also, generating a PDF server side is a relatively expensive, so don't
expect to welcomed if you start doing this on the fly.