[Talk-GB] Admin Boundaries and Combined Authorities

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 27 07:10:43 UTC 2020

For England (i.e. not Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland):

 	* at admin level 6, there should be full coverage, either as an
administrative county or a unitary authority
 	* at admin level 8, partial coverage - full within administrative
counties, none within unitary authorities
 	* at admin level 10, partial coverage - complex situation with many
"unparished areas" and "lands common"

In the case of West Yorkshire, the constituent councils used to be
Metropolitan Boroughs at AL8 when West Yorkshire was an administrative
county. These days the constituent councils are Unitary Authorities and
should therefore be at AL6 themselves for consistency with other UAs.
Tagging West Yorkshire at AL6 as well would currently break the model.