[Talk-GB] Pedestrian priority and highway=cycleway

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Sep 3 09:41:41 UTC 2020

Hi,

On 03.09.20 11:29, Robert Skedgell wrote:
> I believe the most appropriate base tagging, following the duck tagging
> principle for highway=*, for most of the paths in QEOP would be:
> highway=cycleway + segregated=no + bicycle=permissive + foot=permissive

I think that highway=cycleway implies bicycle=yes so adding a
bicycle=permissive would be confusing?

In my mental picture the combination highway=cycleway+foot=permissive
means: "This is a way made and intended for bicycles. But pedestrians
are also tolerated." - which might well be correct given that there
seems to be a lot of cycle-related infrastructure around.

To be honest, given the rules you cite, I would be tempted to use
highway=footway+bicycle=yes OR the dreaded
highway=path+bicycle=yes+foot=yes - but I haven't seen how it looks on
the ground.

Bye
Frederik