[Talk-GB] Motorhome Stopovers or Aires

Chris Hodges chris at c-hodges.co.uk
Sun Aug 29 16:46:31 UTC 2021

I'm in the Highlands now, and I've also spotted a few, but wild camping (with tents) is broadly permitted here*, with roadside van-camping much more common than in England.

Tagging anything that's not signed or otherwise invited by the owner /local authority would start getting tricky, worse than the recent discussions about outdoor swimming spots

* if the land isn't fenced off, part of a scheduled ancient monument (leading to the existence of official wild spots along the Caledonian canal), or subject to restrictions as around Loch Lomond. All of these affect the trip I'm on; there are probably other factors I've missed

Chris

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​