[Talk-GB] Tagging historic surface mining/streamworks

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Aug 30 11:56:50 UTC 2021

Aug 30, 2021, 12:57 by talk-gb at openstreetmap.org:

> On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 09:42:12AM +0200, Mateusz Konieczny via Talk-GB wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> I have seen such entries describing some unusual mappable feature or complex
>>

> I didn't reply on list yesterday, but I have written a very short diary
> entry, mainly linking to a couple of websites with information and
> photographs. The example (which is one of the ones that I have mapped)
> is a bit extreme: it is larger and deeper than most. When I have
> a little more time, I might see if I can dig out one of my photographs
> which shows a more typical case.

And it is here:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/messpert/diary/397540

If you have own photos it would be also nice to include it!

And yes, this diary entry and linked materials was interesting to read,
thanks for posting it.

You can consider linking in note tag on objects to avoid
repeated "tagging improvements".

Something like

note=an old surface mine with still visible traces, unclear how to tag it, see https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/messpert/diary/397540 for more detail of such features