[Talk-GB] Hanway Street - London - highway=residential or highway=service

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Fri Feb 12 06:14:00 UTC 2021

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:service%3Dalley has ongoing topic of what
qualifies as highway=residential and what qualifies as highway=service service=alley

Hanway Street was given as highway=service example, then removed as an example
- with following photo https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Hanway_Street_-_London.JPG

To me it looks like a narrow highway=residential but right now it is mapped as
highway=service, see https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/233334347
(and was mapped as such for basically all its existence).

Photo looks like something that I would definitely consider as narrow highway=residential,
and has tagged such roads in my city as highway=residential + lanes=1

What is your opinion? Is it highway=service service=alley or narrow highway=residential?
Should it be changed in OSM?