[Talk-GB] UK Tasking Manager

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 19:48:14 UTC 2021

Hi Dan,

TM is quite useful if one is working on a task off-and-on over more than
1-2 days. There are roughly 1500 buildings per lsoa which is definitely
more than can be reviewed in a day, not sure how many likely to be in a
Derbyshire parish. For reference I have a umap of Derbyshire Dales MSOA 010
<http://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/map/derbyshire-dales-msoa-010_538672#12/52.9511/-1.7077>
with OSM buildings, OS Map Local buildings and Inspire polygons (I intend
to add OS Open Roads too) which enables some visual comparisons. This was
the area which several of us mapped at this time last year.

It's also worth stating that loading items from geojson into todo lists
sort of randomises them (or at least I've not found a key which sorts items
close together). This has merits (keeps you on your toes) & demerits (do
you fix something on an adjacent object or wait until it pops up). Potlatch
allows one to scroll to & fro in the to do list whereas Josm doesn't. If
I'm reviewing say 300 items of which 50 need attention it's very easy to
accidentally click through to the next item before one's brain catches up.
OTOH Potlatch seems to scroll through back to the start without warning.

Jerry