[Talk-GB] "designated" and "permissive" confuse new people

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Sat Oct 2 18:05:01 UTC 2021

On 02/10/2021 18:53, David Woolley wrote:
> I guess tools could indicate country specific assumptions, when
> providing arrays of check boxes, and give detailed explanations
> (although simply greying out is probably wrong, as there may be cases to
> override assumptions - maybe greyed with and without a check mark?), and
> request confirmation for commonly misunderstood options,

Oops, I mis-edited the above when composing, and the parentheses are in
a confusion place.  It was supposed to say:

I guess tools could indicate country specific assumptions, when
providing arrays of check boxes, (although simply greying out is
probably wrong, as there may be cases to override assumptions - maybe
greyed with and without a check mark?) and give detailed explanations,
and request confirmation for commonly misunderstood options