[Talk-GB] Fwd: Quarterly Project: Waste and Recycling

Chris Hodges chris at c-hodges.co.uk
Tue Oct 5 13:07:31 UTC 2021

That pattern seems quite variable though.  South Glos is back to
essentially normal (barring the odd closure when all the staff have to
isolate). I'm not sure we ever had a booking system, though ours were
closed for longer than some; I didn't need to go until things had calmed
down.

The supermarket-based sites are a bit of an oddity.  They made perfect
sense when there was no kerbside recycling collection - visiting the
bottle bank on the way to the supermarket was routine.  Now they mainly
provide extra capacity for the stuff that's collected from the home
anyway - and some clothing/book charity collections - and my local
example needs updating.   But then you get carrier bag bins (I've just
added one at the same local example) and battery bins at the store
itself rather than the back of the carpark.

We might need to apply a little judgement about obviously temporary
arrangements.